Thursday, January 17, 2013

Building an Animation Desk

There are a few websites and blogs out there already that show how to make one, so I am not going to go into great detail on how it was built. My grandpa and I built the desk over Christmas break. It didn't take us long, but there was a lot of improvising.  There is the finished product sitting in my room to the left. Yes, my room is that color...

    

Animation Studio Stuff for Students has a bunch of information
 on building your own animation desk. This blog helped a lot too,
because it showed them making one and the list of materials they used.

The disk was the most expensive part. I bought it from Lightfoot Ltd.


There were 2 things that made this a bit challenging to make:


Cutting the circular hole for the plexiglass disk to fit into


and making the pegs for the different height settings.

Without the disk in, you can see that the pegs are inside the box. So, it makes it possible for the desk to fold down all the way.





This is what it looks like when folded down all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment